Friday, November 19, 2010

A Veritable Potpourri Of Pet Store Poppycock

Anyway, Poppycock is the official Infidel Word Of The Day. As such, I hope and yearn (bet you thought I was going to say pray, didn't you? Poppycock Prayers are blasphemous!) that you will henceforth find every opportunity you can to drop the word poppycock.
Anyway, we went to Petco today because our gorgeous pettable (Yeah, we pet our fish, and? At least we didn't name them Mrs. Paul and Gorton) Siamese fighting fish Phoenix and Poseidon have decided that they have such a sophisticated palate that they can't possibly dine on the .99 cent package of fish food I scored at the .99 Cents Only store. Snobs. Don't they know there are fish starving in Africa that would love to have their aquarium kibble?
Anyway, we spied with our Infidel eyes a garishly pink hamster cage. I asked aloud "Why? Why? Why?" Sunbum said "It's obviously a hamster-led stance for breast cancer awareness."

Anyway, we then spotted a box for a ferret habitat called "Ferretville." Sadly, it did NOT come with a lost shaker of salt, a sponge cake, or a woman to blame. The lettering on the box was in an unfortunate font style rendering the name to look like this: FEPPETVILLE. Sunbum blurted out "Hey, it's FEPPETVILLE where they make evil abomination hybrids out of a Muppet and a ferret!" "I think that Jimmy Muppet would probably cover a bitchin' song version of FEPPETVILLE. "Wasted away again in FEPPETVILLE.....searching for my lost baggy of dung....some people say that there's a weasel to blame....but I know, it's my own damn fault."

Anyway, and then we ran into a lady from church where we then proceeded to talk about our guinea pigs and their "furry butt chaps" that we have to trim on a regular basis.
Anyway, the cashier was an effeminate black dude and he kept loudly singing songs about Jesus at the register. We were his backup....temporarily. It was a long line and we got bored so we started singing "We got the fish flakes in our hands. We got the fish fllaaaakkkes in our hands....."
Anyway, we left before buying/adopting/taking any more pets to add to our ever-growing menagerie so I consider the trip a total success.

8 comments:

Carrot Jello said...

I eat poppycock.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I'm a Crunch & Munch kind of gal.

I challenge you to a caramel toffee popcorn duel to the snack food death!!!!

Nancy Face said...

FEPPETVILLE? Hahaha, go Sunbum! :D

Nancy Face said...

Poppycock is one of my favorite treats in existence! Especially the cashew variety, yum!

Can you even believe the word verification thingy said "munch"?

Yep.

Lauren said...

Sister Face! Heehehe My Word Verification was crunch! :)

Super Happy Girl said...

Oooh, heavy petting...
Ferretville sounds like a great name for a band.

Jean Knee said...

how many men do you think can say they ate poppycock after this past season of America's got Talent??

that is the question

tattytiara said...

Aw, I want a pet feppet! I'll name it Pogep if it's a boy or Pobepta if it's a girl.